Are you an avid Amazon shopper who wants to use Apple Pay as a payment option? If you’re looking for a seamless way to check out a popular online shopping site, you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll take you through the step-by-step process of how to put Apple Pay on Amazon. By the end of reading this article, you’ll be able to add your wallet to Amazon and enjoy the convenience of paying with your Apple device.
What Is Apple Pay and How Does It Work?
Apple Pay is a digital wallet service that allows users to securely store their credit and debit cards in one place. It also enables them to make payments online or in-store with their iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. With Apple Pay, users don’t have to enter their card information every time they want to make a purchase; instead, they can simply use the Touch ID or Face ID feature on their device to authenticate the payment.
Apple Pay works by connecting your credit or debit card information with your device’s secure element (SE). The SE is a special chip that stores your card information in an encrypted format. When you make a purchase using Apple Pay, the SE sends the encrypted card information directly to the merchant’s payment processor without revealing any of your personal data. This helps keep your financial information safe and secure when making purchases online or in-store.
Why Use Apple Pay on Amazon?
Apple Pay allows you to store your debit and credit card information in your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, making it easier to make purchases online and in-store using your mobile device. Here’s why using Apple Pay on Amazon can benefit you:
- Security – As mentioned earlier, all transactions made through ApplePay are encrypted so that no personal data is revealed during the checkout process which helps protect against fraudsters who may try to gain access to sensitive financial information stored in user accounts. With Apple Pay, you don’t have to worry about compromising your financial information. The digital wallet uses Touch ID or Face ID to authorize transactions and doesn’t store card numbers on your device or Apple’s servers.
- Convenience – With just one click of a button you can complete transactions quickly without having to manually enter any payment details each time you shop online which saves time and effort while shopping for items from the Amazon website or app.
- Rewards – Many banks offer rewards programs for customers who use their cards through services like ApplePay which means more savings for shoppers who take advantage of these offers when making purchases from retailers like Amazon!
- No Additional Fees: Using Apple Pay as a payment option on Amazon won’t result in any extra charges.
Read about: Is Buying Renewed Products on Amazon Safe?
How to Check If Your Apple Device Supports Apple Pay?
Setting up Apple Pay on your device is easy and only takes a few minutes. Before you can use Apple Pay on Amazon, you’ll need to make sure that your device supports this payment method. Here are the devices that support Apple Pay:
- iPhone 6 or later
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, or later
- MacBook Pro with Touch ID or newer models
If you’re not sure whether your device supports Apple Pay, follow these steps:
- On iPhone, go to Settings, Wallet & Apple Pay, and click on Add Card. If this option is available, then your phone supports Apple Pay.
- On iPad, go to Settings and click on Wallet & Apple Pay. If you see an option for “Add Credit or Debit Card,” then your iPad supports Apple Pay.
- On MacBook Pro, go to System Preferences and click on Wallet & Apple Pay. If you can add a credit or debit card, your MacBook Pro supports Apple Pay.
How to Put Apple Pay on Amazon?
Once you’ve confirmed that your device supports Apple Pay, follow these simple steps to add your digital wallet to Amazon:
- Go to Amazon.com and sign in to your account.
- Navigate to the “Your Account” page and select “Payment options.”
- Click on “Add a payment method” and select “Apple Pay.”
- Sign in to your iCloud account when prompted, and confirm authorization of Amazon to use your card information.
- Once you’ve authorized your card, Amazon will confirm your digital wallet has been added to your payment options.
How to Pay with Apple Pay on Amazon?
Once you have added your Apple Pay wallet to Amazon, you can use it every time you check out. Follow these steps to purchase on Amazon using Apple Pay:
- Add items to your cart and go to checkout.
- Select “Apple Pay” as your payment option.
- Verify your address and click on “Place your order.”
Troubleshooting Tips to Add Apple Pay on Amazon
If you experience any issues when adding your Apple Pay to Amazon, make sure your device supports the digital wallet and you’re signed in to iCloud. If you still have trouble, you can try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your device is running the latest software update.
- Check that your card information is up to date in Apple Wallet and that it hasn’t expired.
- Remove and re-add your card information.
Other Payment Options on Amazon
While using Apple Pay is a convenient payment option, Amazon offers other payment methods. You can also use traditional methods like credit and debit cards, Amazon gift cards, and Amazon store cards as payment options. If you prefer to pay cash, Amazon also offers Amazon Cash, which lets you load physical cash into your Amazon account and use it for online purchases.
Adding Apple Pay to Amazon offers a quick, easy, and secure payment process. By following the simple steps outlined in this guide, you’ll be able to add your Apple Pay wallet to Amazon and enjoy the benefits of using this payment option every time you shop on the popular online marketplace. Remember to ensure that your device supports Apple Pay, and if you experience any issues, explore the troubleshooting tips above. Happy shopping!