The Dog Daily is a multi-media editorial program delivering useful and relevant information about improving the quality of life for dogs and their owners. The program is the trusted source for practical, innovative and humane solutions for today’s busy dog owners and their canine companions. Readers of The Dog Daily cherish their pets as the family members they are.
Original editorial content presents ideas, insights and inspired solutions to dog owners on a variety of topics including: health, nutrition, home life, playtime, travel, training, dog behavior, discipline, feeding, fun activities, and nurturing a special bond with your pet. Information is provided about pups of all ages, all breeds and sizes.
- Nutritious Dish: Features cover relevant topics on canine food and nutrition. Readers learn how to use food to maximize health, energy and fitness of their dogs at all life stages, from puppies, to adults and seniors.
- Total Health: Stories deliver information on keeping dogs well and free of illness -- inside and out. This channel provides actionable advice for ensuring optimal health care for dogs of all ages. Topics covered include fitness, grooming, home health check ups, emergency care and more.
- Happy Hound: Articles show how to create a living environment that enables dogs to be safe, comfortable, and integrated into modern family life and activities. The stories include creative and easy playtime ideas to encourage dog and owner bonding. The channel also offers tips on subjects such as dog houses, maintaining an odor-free home, safe travel with pets, doggie daycare and more.
- Canine Conduct: These stories teach you to read your dog’s body language, sounds, and behavior. Understanding a dog’s unique ways of communicating enables pet owners to quickly and effectively meet the needs of their favorite pooch. Subjects include: training tricks, discipline techniques for misbehavior, smart rewarding, controlling barking, interaction with strangers, and more.
Additional multimedia elements:
- Videos: Instructional videos feature leading dog behavior and medical experts. Short and informative, these online videos offer instructions on dog nutrition, training and more.
- Breed Spotlight: A visually engaging slideshow detailing the average adult weight, personality and optimal home of dog breeds to help readers determine suitable breeds for their lifestyles.
- Cute Pups: Reader-submitted pictures of their dogs with name, location, likes, dislikes and a brief description.
- Rescue Heroes: Reader-submitted pictures similar to Cute Pups, with a brief description of the dog’s rescue and adoption.
- Ask Our Experts: Field experts answer reader-submitted questions about dog behavior, adoption and more. This Q&A section touches on very specific dog care issues.
- Dog Quiz: Interactive and entertaining quizzes test reader’s knowledge of all things canine. Readers answer multiple-choice tests, and learn more about dog history, physiology, breeds and more.
- Dog Blog: Experienced pet bloggers cover current dog-related topics, seasonal tips and more in these fun, yet informative, blog posts.
- Dog Tips: Short behavior, breed, adoption, training, nutrition tips for cat owners
- Jennifer Viegas is an award-winning writer and editor who specializes in animal topics. She is a longtime contributor, radio personality and broadband video director for Animal Planet's multimedia offerings, Discovery Channel News, and the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Formerly Viegas was the science and animal reporter for ABC News, a nationally syndicated newspaper columnist and women's magazine contributing editor. Viegas is also author of more than 20 books on a range of topics from animals to science.
- Elijah Merrill is a freelance writer whose work has appeared in The New York Times Magazine and Discover.
- Kim Boatman is a journalist based in Northern California. She is also the managing editor of Exceptional Canine. Boatman's work has appeared in The Miami Herald, the Detroit Free Press and the San Jose Mercury News. She is a lifelong lover of animals.
- Rose Springer is a freelance correspondent for The Dog Daily. She lives in New York City.
- Darcy Lockman is a Brooklyn, N.Y.-based freelance writer whose work has appeared in publications such as The New York Times and Rolling Stone.